Solar Tompkins Board
Steps for Getting HeatSmart
HeatSmart Enrollment 2017
Home Energy and Heat Pump FAQs
ASHP Replacing Boiler
Current Solarize Program
Important Items for Solar System Completion
Join Our Email List
Program Participant Feedback Form
HeatSmart Tompkins Program Feedback Form
Solar Tompkins would like to hear from the community regarding your experiences
during the HeatSmart program.
Please see the questions below and provide answers as you feel fit. All responses will be kept
and seen by HeatSmart/Solar Tompkins staff
. Thank you for your participation in HeatSmart and for this valuable program feedback-- it is our pleasure to serve you, Tompkins County!
For each question, select all that apply and feel free to comment
1. Did you attend a HeatSmart Tompkins community event?
HeatSmart community presentation
HeatSmart community tour
2. At the time I learned about the HeatSmart program, my home was heated by:
3. Were the materials presented by HeatSmart Tompkins at its community events and/or on SolarTompins.org informative, helping you feel appropriately educated about the technologies and services offered in the program?
4. Check what best applies to you:
I enrolled in the HeatSmart program but went no further
I enrolled, didn't move forward, though am interested in future HeatSmart programming
I attended a community event but chose to work with a non-HeatSmart installer/contractor
I am still negotiating a contract for services with a HeatSmart Installer Partner
I have signed a contract for services with my HeatSmart Installer Partner
My HeatSmart home energy improvement project installation is complete
5. What were the greatest barriers to participating in the HeatSmart program?
The cost of a home energy improvement project
Financing options were limited
I did not develop a positive relationship with a HeatSmart Installer Partner
I couldn't decide which technology would be best for my home/property
The insulation, air sealing, and heat pump technologies weren't attractive to me
6. What was most helpful in moving forward with participation in the HeatSmart program?
The quality of public education at community events
HeatSmart partnering with vetted Installer Partners
My own knowledge of insulation, air sealing and heat pump technologies
My desire to support more renewable energy and reduce carbon emissions in my home and/or community
7. I felt it necessary to speak with more than one HeatSmart Installer Partner and seek several project proposals/quotes before deciding on one to work with:
8. What type of service(s) did you contract for with your HeatSmart Installer Partner?
1. Insulation and air sealing only (or see below)
2. An air-source heat pump system only (or see below)
3. An air-source hot water heater only (or see below)
4. A geothermal heat pump system only (or see below)
A combination of choices 1 and 2 above
A combination of choices 1 and 3 above
A combination of choices 1 and 4 above
A combination of choices 2 and 3 above
9. Did you utilize the HeatSmart Enrollee Checklist document during your home energy improvement project to monitor the progress of your Installer Partner?
10. Which best describes the heating system in your home if you participated in the HeatSmart program?
I am still using my pre-existing home fossil fuel (natural gas, propane, oil) or electrical resistance heating system and did not change it
I kept a pre-existing home heating system when I had a new system installed through HeatSmart so that I would have back-up if I need it in the future
I added a heat pump system primarily for air-conditioning and still need my pre-existing heating system for much of my heating needs
I wanted a hybrid system and installed air-sourced heating sufficient to cover the milder portion of the heating season only, relying on my original system for winter conditions
I had an existing heating/cooling system disconnected and/or removed from my home when I installed a new heat pump system through the HeatSmart program
11. I kept the following elements of my pre-existing home heating system:
Electric baseboard or other electric resistance heaters
Fossil fuel furnace (natural gas, heating oil, propane or other)
Wood or pellet stove
12. The HeatSmart Tompkins program met my expectations for providing solutions to reduce fossil fuel use in my home:
Additionl comments you'd like to share with HeatSmart/Solar Tompkins:
© 2017 Solar Tompkins
Ithaca, New York |
(607) 351-1752 |
Send us an email